Our communities have a right over us and now during the coronavirus pandemic is the time to come together.
What to do in the face of Coronavirus
“Those who are merciful will be shown mercy by the All-Merciful. Be merciful to those on the earth and the One in the heavens will have mercy upon you.” – Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
1. Prevent the spread
· Practice correct hand hygiene and safety.
· Practice cough and sneeze etiquette.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Put physical distance between yourself and other people (1.5 metres at least).
· Stay home if you are sick, and follow the instructions of your public health authority.
2. Respond with community care
· Check in on your elderly relatives, and parents with young babies to see if they need support.
· Check in on your neighbours. Put a note with your phone number on their front door so they can reach out for help or supplies in case they need it.
· Check in on healthcare professionals you know who are on the front lines trying to manage the outbreak.
· Reassure and remind each other where to focus your energy, and be careful of unverified information that may cause panic.
3. Do not buy more than what you really need
·Think of others who may need the same things you’re stocking up on. Focus only on what you really need in the case of quarantine or isolation.
· Remember that Allah will test communities with illness, and we are accountable for our response and actions.
· Remind each other that there is no baraka in bringing benefit to ourselves while harming others.
You can donate now to help those affected by this pandemic at: